South Bay Criminal Defense Attorneys | Former Torrance Court Prosecutors
All crimes in the South Bay are prosecuted in the Torrance Court. Therefore, if you have been arrested in Torrance, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Palos Verdes, Lomita, or Lawndale, it is essential that you speak with a Torrance criminal defense attorney immediately. Proactive preparation of your legal defense the moment you are made aware of your status as a defendant or suspect in a criminal investigation is essential to achieving a favorable outcome to your case. Legal defenses that could otherwise prove beneficial in court can be jeopardized early on in your case without the proper guidance of a skilled criminal lawyer. The representation of an experienced Torrance criminal lawyer can be the most significant part of either protecting your freedoms and liberties or in some cases, preserving your clean record by preventing criminal charges from being filed altogether.
Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyers in Torrance
California criminal procedure does not compel law enforcement nor prosecutors to release evidence following an arrest or during an investigation until after your arraignment hearing. Therefore, evidence and other case-specific materials such as the police report, blood alcohol content (BAC) reports, or video/audio recordings cannot be obtained until after your initial court hearing. However, a qualified criminal defense lawyer with extensive experience defending a broad range of misdemeanor and felony crimes in Torrance Court can provide you with the necessary insight and guidance into how you should best prepare for your case in lieu of the release of police reports and evidence.
The Torrance criminal attorneys at Takakjian & Sitkoff, LLP have both dedicated their legal practice to criminal defense law since 1987. Our criminal defense lawyers are respected former Torrance prosecutors with the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office with the following qualifications:
Paul Takakjian, Esq. | Torrance Criminal Defense Lawyer
- Former senior prosecutor (Sex Crimes and Hardcore Gang Crimes Special Prosecution Unit)
- Former police academy breath testing instructor
- Certified Specialist in Criminal Law- California Board of Legal Specialization
Stephen Sitkoff, Esq. | Torrance Criminal Defense Attorney
- Former supervising prosecutor (Torrance Court)
- Former LA County Superior Court Commissioner (Children’s Court)
- Recognized by Super Lawyers and AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Expert Criminal Attorneys For All Misdemeanor And Felony Charges In Torrance
If you have been arrested in Torrance, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Lawndale, Lomita, or Palos Verdes, call us today at (424) 757-0865 for a FREE candid case review. Our criminal defense firm has established an unparalleled track record of favorable case results in the Torrance Court for over 3 decades. Whether you are facing a first-time misdemeanor DUI or a felony domestic violence charge, we will secure the best possible outcome for you. Contact us today to discuss your case or to schedule an appointment at our office in Torrance.
Meet our Legal Defense Team
Paul Takakjian | South Bay Criminal Defense Attorney
South Bay criminal defense attorney, Paul Takakjian has practiced criminal law over 37 years. As a former special prosecutor for the Los Angeles DA’s Office and Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist.
STEPHEN SITKOFF | SOUTH BAY DUI LAWYER
South Bay criminal defense lawyer, Stephen Sitkoff has practiced criminal law for over three decades. A former Superior Court Commissioner and former supervising deputy district attorney at the Torrance Court.
JAMES N. KIM | SR. CASE ANALYST
James N. Kim has been employed as the firm’s Sr. Case Analyst and Case Manager since 2005. James utilizes his 13 plus years of legal experience and compassion to ensure our clients remain informed throughout their cases.
Criminal Defense Overview
CHARGED WITH A CRIME IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA?
You should be aware of the top three issues to consider when choosing a criminal defense law firm to represent you.
1. The cheapest Lawyer is not usually the best lawyer if you want to stay out of jail and avoid a permanent criminal record. Look for courtroom experience defending MISDEMEANOR AND FELONY CRIMINAL charges. We have been defending these types of cases since 1987.
2. Choose an Attorney that knows how your type of case is often prosecuted and how to best defend you. We are former Senior Criminal Prosecutors in the Los Angeles Courts and understand how the Prosecutors charging you with a crime will pursue your conviction, allowing us to formulate the best defense for your case.
3. Trial experience. Many attorneys will avoid trial and the expense and time that comes with going to trial, often pushing you to settle for less than ideal case results. We are not afraid of trials and are well respected criminal defense litigators.